RE & L Jones, Llanfihangel
In February 2020 a 300ft x 70ft pullet rearing shed was constructed for RE & L Jones as part of development plans for their 3rd generation farm business to complement their current beef and sheep enterprise. Llion has a flock of 500 Texel cross ewes and 40 Limousin suckler cows alongside the 38,000 pullets he now rears on contract for Country Fresh Pullets. The birds are on a 16-week rotation, with the breed changing depending on requirements, and a 3-week turnaround.
Built on a new site, adjacent to a wind turbine used for electricity, the steel-framed building features five wall-mounted HRV heat exchangers supplied by Agri Systems and feeders, drinkers and ventilation by JF McKenna. Instead of light battles on the inlet vents, an oversail was constructed along the sides of the Juniper Green shed to stop light.
- One 300ft x 70ft clear span steel-frame shed
- Reinforced steel due to the height of site and exposure to elements
- HRV heat exchangers designed to deliver minimum ventilation whilst reducing the carbon footprint
- Large clear span end bay for packing and storage
- JF McKenna drinkers, feeders and ventilation
- Juniper Green for roof and sides