D. E Morgan, Newtown, Wales
The next generation has been the focus for Emlyn when he commissioned Powell & Co to build an organic free-range shed. Now with grown-up sons who have an interest in poultry farming, Emlyn has converted part of the farm to organic and secured a contract to supply eggs to Stonegate OF&G.
The 180ft by 60ft steel frame shed houses 6,000 Lohman Brown organic layers with a central partition wall separating the flock into two. Ease of management and efficiency has been achieved as a result of the layout which includes the Big Dutchman Natura Colony Step Multi-tier system. A veranda on the north-facing side of the building has provided additional shelter and houses the generators, lockable water pump room and safety for the birds from predators and the elements.
- Single 180ft x 60ft steel-frame unit
- 30ft x 60ft egg packing room and store
- Veranda, the full length of the bird area, with galvanised post and box profile cladding
- Big Dutchman Natura Colony Step Multi-tier system.
- Juniper Green cladding for roof, sides and veranda